Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Defection Saga Continues

Here is the letter that I sent to the offices of the Archdiocese of Winnipeg:

February 23, 2010

Catholic Centre
1495 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3T 2C6

To Whom it May Concern,

This letter is a formal declaration of my defection from the Roman Catholic Church. I was born in 1987, baptized at St. Vital and received First Communion at St. Ignatius. I have not attended a church service in many years and am an avowed atheist. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience allow myself to remain counted among the congregation of the Catholic Church and thus I respectfully request that you amend the baptismal register and any other church records to reflect this wish.

I would be grateful if you could respond to this letter once these changes have been made. I also request a copy of the amended certificate of baptism. I am more than willing to send a subsequent letter if you require any additional information from me in order to complete the process.

Regards,

__________________


I have also attached a form of defection: Actus formalis defectionis ab Ecclesia catholica

I used this site to aid in the construction of the letter: countmeout.ie

Additional information about leaving your church of choice: concordatwatch.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment